- MSRP* : $9,299 (Granite Gray) Available from October 2007 $9,299 (Candy Red) Available from October 2007
- Engine :
Type : 998cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder; DOHC, 20 valves
Bore x Stroke : 77 x 53.6mm
Compression Ratio : 11.5:1
Carburetion : Fuel injection
Ignition : Digital TCI
Transmission : 6-speed w/multi-plate clutch
Final Drive : O-ring chain.
- Chassis :
Suspension/Front : 43mm fork; fully adjustable, 5.1-in travel
Suspension/Rear : Single shock; adjustable preload and rebound damping, 5.1-in travel
Brakes/Front : Dual 320mm floating discs w/4-piston calipers
Brakes/Rear : 245mm disc w/single-piston caliper
Tires/Front : 120/70-ZR17
Tires/Rear : 190/50-ZR17
- Dimensions :
Length : 84.3 in
Width : 30.3 in
Height : 47.4 in
Seat Height : 32.1 in
Wheelbase : 57.5 in
Rake (Caster Angle) : 25.0°
Trail : 4.3 in
Fuel Capacity : 4.75 gal
Oil Capacity (with oil filter change) : 3.8 L
Fuel Economy** : 35 mpg
Dry Weight : 439 lb
- Other :
Warranty : 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Our ultimate street brawler brings 998cc of fuel-injected previous generation R1 power to the fray, in a light-and-strong aluminum frame.
- Sculpted fuel tank and one-piece handlebar move the rider forward for aggressive naked-bike excitement.
- Adjustable suspension lets the FZ1 be dialed in for a wide ran
ge of uses, everything from urban assault to sport touring.
- 998cc DOHC 20-valve previous generation R1 engine is tuned for tremendous mid-range punch and massive top-end power.
- R1-style fuel injection with computer-controlled sub-throttle valves provides precise fuel/air mixture for superb power delivery across the entire rev range.
- Closed-deck cylinder block provides great strength while allowing a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.
- Narrow-angle five-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 11.5:1 compression ratio. Big valves and high-lift cams flow plenty of air.
- Carburized connecting rods with fractured big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.
- High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder sleeves ensure great heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.
- Four-into-one chamberless short-style exhaust contains stainless steel EXUP and three-way catalyst with Oxygen sensor for outstanding power delivery throughout the rev range and low emissions.
- Curved high-capacity radiator with twin ring-style fans keeps everything cool under all conditions.
- Aggressive chassis geometry for quick handling; the engine is shoved forward for excellent handling.
- Aggressive ergos: 4.75-gallon tank moves the rider forward into a position of total control—supersport-like 51 percent front-wheel weight bias means confident, quick handling.
- Light-and-rigid aluminum frame uses a special mold casting technique that allowed engineers to minutely vary metal thicknesses for optimal rigidity throughout.
- Stressed-engine design holds the engine in place with six mounts, for excellent vertical stiffness and handling.
- Rigid Controlled-Fill aluminum swingarm reduces drive chain–induced suspension movement for excellent handling, tire grip and looks.
- 43mm fully adjustable inverted fork contains compression damping circuitry in the left leg and rebound in the right—proven effective on the YZR-M1 MotoGP bike—as well as stiff springs for excellent handling.
- Two 320mm front discs squeezed by monoblock four-piston calipers and a single 245mm rear disc serve up strong stopping power.
- Removable subframe for easy maintenance and detachable passenger footpeg mounts for even more stripped-down style.
- Light, R1-spec five-spoke wheels and fat radial tires, including a 190/50-ZR17 rear, complete the look and serve up the traction.
- Fairing features a half-cowl design with R1-style headlight layout that creates a super-aggressive naked bike profile.
- High-tech instrument display features analog tachometer, digital speedometer, etc.—also a fade-in lighting feature with adjustable brightness.
- Two-piece seat serves up great comfort along with total control.
- Passenger grabrails for riding comfort.
- Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain provides longer chain life.
- Dual 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlight features a sleek, R1-type profile for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
- Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.