Hey folks, I’m here to share my experience and also I’ll narrate you the step by step guide on “How to update Samsung Galaxy Ace to 2.3.4 Gingerbread DDKQ6 firmware via Kies”. Well, today I’ve updated my Samsung Galaxy Ace to 2.3.4 firmware via Kies successfully.
Now, it’s the time for you to update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5380 to 2.3.4 Gingerbread firmware which is considered as stable version. Before the update of DDKQ6 is rolled out, few firmware updates like DDKQ5 and few other firmwares came into action which failed to provide the stabilized version for this device. So, we recommend you to go with DDKQ6 firmware instead of trying other available firmwares things. Currently, there is yet another update for your Samsung Galaxy Ace to 2.3.5 XWKS2 which slows down your device with few slogs and also few other updates, but DDKQ6 is considered as official firmware in order to update Samsung Galaxy Ace to 2.3.4 gingerbread.
Articles Related to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 2.3.4
- 6 Reasons: Why Kindle Fire is better than Apple iPad 2
- 5 Benefits of Rooting Android Phones
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab on Android 2.3 and 3.0 versions
- 5 Best Free iPhone Travel Apps to Organize your Trip
- 8 Best Android Camera Apps to Enhance Photography Experience
Before starting our procedure let us check out the most important pre-requisites for the updating the device. Few days back, the Kies was updated with official Gingerbread DDKQ6 firmware and if you are not lucky enough to receive that update, then you are at right place. We’ll guide you How to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace to 2.3.4 Gingerbread DDKQ6 Firmware with Kies.
P.S : If you received the update for Kies, your update process for this device becomes really easy, else you must follow all the below mentioned steps.
Pre-Requisites to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace to 2.3.4 Gingerbread
- First and foremost thing is, your mobile must be (network) unlocked and all Galaxy Ace devices in India are unlocked by default.
- Your device must have over 90% of Battery Level which makes sure, your devices doesn’t shut down in the middle of the process. It may roughly takes 35 mins – 1.5 hrs depending on your Internet Speed and system performance.
- Make sure you backup the important elements like SMS, Contacts, Media and other important files. You can backup most of them using Kies software and also you can make use of Android Backup Apps available in the Android Market. Since after you Update Samsung Galaxy Ace to 2.3.4, you may loose your data. So, it is recommended to take backup.
- We recommend, to make sure that your PC runs on Windows XP/ Windows 7 operating system. We aren’t sure about other Operating Systems like Linux or Mac.
- If you have rooted your device already, then your device will be unrooted back after updating.
Well, these are the pre-requisites for you to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace to 2.3.4 Gingerbread DDKQ6 firmware using Kies.
Enhancements you’ll notice if you Update Samsung Galaxy Ace to 2.3.4 Gingerbread DDKQ6 firmware
- Better Battery Life with over 29% improvement.
- Functionality of copy and paste text improved a lot.
- You’ll get latest drivers for your Network and Wi-fi options.
- Major errors like RAM Dump mode are solved in this version.
- Your device runs pretty smoothly without any lagging with increased touch response.
P.S: Follow this guide at your own risk and we are not responsible for any damage of your device.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace
Let us find out how to update Samsung Galaxy Ace to 2.3.4 Gingerbread DDKQ6 Firmware using Kies.
- Install Kies Software on your Computer. Your Device box will be provided with Kies CD. If you missed it somewhere else or don’t have it, you can still download it in your PC here.
- After Installing, you need to make sure that your Kies software is updated, else you won’t get Latest Gingerbread 2.3.4 version. So, find out whether any update is available or not. Any version above Kies_18.104.22.16895_ should work fine. Generally, the Kies software will find-out the latest possible updates.
- Now Connect your Device with your PC using the data cable.
- Next step is to backup your data and using Kies software, you can backup your Contacts, SMS, Media files. There are few dedicated android backup apps, which can be used to backup your files
- After connecting the device with PC, you’ll get notification, popping that “A New version of Firmware Update for your Samsung Galaxy S5830 is available and are you interested in upgrading it”. The Kies software is intelligent enough to detect the latest firmware (PDA:KQ6/PHONE:KQ6/CSC:KQ5 (INU)) and you can just click on update button in order to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace to 2.3.4 Gingerbread.
- Before starting to update your device, you are suggested to read all the instructions given. Once you are done, you have to click on the check box “I have read all of the above information” and also enable the radio box “Proceed without saving” and then click on the Start Upgrade.
- Once the Upgrading started, the Kies software will start downloading the lastest firmware components and you need to make sure you do not disconnect your device with PC while the process is going on.
- As, I’ve said, it may take around 35 minutes to 1.5 hrs to complete the process depending on your System performance and internet speed.
- Sometimes, you’ll notice the error message “The Operation has timed out” which might be because of your slow internet connectivity or overloading in the Kies server.
- You just need to click on “OK” and try until your device gets updated.
- This is it, you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5380 to Gingerbread 2.3.4 DDKQ6 firmware using Kies software.