Users will also provide the description that is added to these bookmarks in the form of metadata, so that other users can understand content of the resource without downloading it. Such descriptions may be free text comments, votes in favor of or against its quality, or tags that collectively or collaboratively become a folksonomy.
- Twitter : Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets
- Digg : Digg.com is a social news, sharing, discovering, bookmarking and rating information website. Digg started out as a popular technology news sharing destination.
- StumbleUpon : StumbleUpon is an Internet community that allows its users to discover and rate Web pages, photos, and videos.
- Technorati : Technorati is an Internet search engine for searching blogs.
- Reddit : User-generated news links. Votes promote stories to the front page.
- Yahoo Buzz : Yahoo! Buzz is a community-based news article website, much like Digg, that combines the features of social bookmarking and syndication through a user interface that allows editorial control
- Del.icio.us : Delicious (formerly del.icio.us) is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks.
- Mixx : Mixx is a user-driven social media web site that serves to help users submit or find content by peers based on interest and location.
- Tweetmeme : TweetMeme finds the hottest stories from twitter for you to retweet
- Diigo : Diigo is a social bookmarking website which allows signed-up users to bookmark and tag web-pages
[ad#Google Adsense 468]
- Backflip : Automatically organizes personal bookmarks into a searchable hierarchical directory.
- Propeller : A propeller is a type of fan which transmits power by converting rotational motion into thrust.
- Jigg : Music, videos, photos, downloads, event dates from Bigg Jigg and Artist biography, plus buy merchandise, read news, and more.
- Furl : Furl (from F ile U niform R esource L ocators) was a free social bookmarking website that allowed members to store searchable copies of webpages and share them with others.
- Slashdot : The Slashdot effect, also known as slashdotting, occurs when a popular website links to a smaller site, causing a massive increase in traffic.
- Twine: Twine is an online, social web service for information storage, authoring and discovery.
- i89.us : i89.us offers a free service which allows you to submit and save your favorite articles, news, website, links.
- Buddymarks : The Online Bookmark Manager. The Web’s best online personal, group and social bookmarks manager.
- Chipmarks : This lets you share text, images, and videos
- Dzone : Provides resources for Architects, Designers, and Developers
- Faves: Faves is a social bookmarking and networking software that installs a single browser button for users to “fave” a webpage, making a link to the page part of their Faves profile.
- Blinklist : Saves Your Links, a great website for organization, bookmarking and colloboration tool.
- Newsvine : Register to add a news story, comment or write a column. Open source, community news service, which lets members customize the news viewed
- Kaboodle : Kaboodle is a fun shopping community where people recommend and discover new things.
- Linkarena : social networking and sharing links.
- Linkroll : The social bookmark manager allows to tag, annotate and sort the public links.
- Socialbookmarking : Shares, Organizes, Searches, and Manages bookmarks of web resources easily.
- Spurl: Free online bookmarks with full text searching, recommendations, storing of entire documents and more.
- URLex : Free screen capture, images, files and clipboard sharing service. Easy web publishing client.
- Fark : Satirical views on interesting, bizarre and amusing stories, submitted by a community of millions of news junkies, with regular Photoshop contests.
- Simpy : Simpy is a social bookmarking service that lets you save, tag, search and share your bookmarks, notes, groups and more.
- Xilinus : Manage your bookmarks online like you do with your favorite browser
- WireFan: Advanced Social Bookmarking, News Articles Submission Site, Share Your Favorites and more.
- SyncOne: SyncOne.net is earn online by reviewing, bookmarking ,saving text edit this microsummar
- Connectedy: Web site where you can upload your bookmarked/favorite links from your browser into a free account.
[ad#Google Adsense 468×15]
- Linktopia : Link Exchange, Reciprocal Linking, Oneway Links, Linking Partners, linktopia.org
- Murl : Murl is an online bookmark manager.
- MyBookmarks : MyBookmarks – access your bookmarks anytime, anywhere. Free productivity tool for business, student or personal use.
- Netvouz : Netvouz is a social bookmark manager where you can store your favorite links online and access them.
- Memotoo : Centralize and share your personal datas (bookmarks, address book, calendar, files, more) with Memotoo.com to find them from any computer connected to Internet
- Linkagogo : LinkaGoGo – the free Online Favorites and Social Bookmarking Application, its unique dynamic toolbars automatically adapt themselves.
- Markaboo : MarkaBoo is tool for saving websites, files, and notes from your browser, email or mobile phone.
- Givealink : GiveALink is a social annotation, organization, recommendation, and navigation system for the Web.
- Excites : Organize your bookmarks by tags, add comments and notes, share publicly, subscribe to certain tags so you can be notified when a new site is added that may interest you.
- Complore: 10MB of file storage, public & private sharing, tag cloud, popular feeds and more.
- Bluedot : Tabbed user page showing a network of friends, bookmarks, and related tags. Allows you to import contacts from all the major mail services such as GMail and Yahoo.
- Marktd : Marktd is a reference system that highlights marketing articles considered valuable by the marketing community.
- AllMyFavorites : Share and search favorites/bookmarks with others
- Freelink : Freelink.org provides free pages of links that you can access anywhere at anytime. Better than bookmarks, these pages are always available to you.
- BlinkPro : Manage your Web bookmarks and favorites in a private web-based account. Access, share, and store your bookmarks.
In the Entire list of 50 Social Bookmarking Website, I Suggest you to use any 5 of the websites. But I use Stumble Upon, Digg, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, which helps me to drive huge traffic. It was only because of help of these sites I made my site into Top 70k Alexa Website.
For More information visit my article 7 Must Follow SEO Tips that I learnt by Experience.