Symbian OS, a mobile operating system. Symbian platform, an open source operating system and software platform designed for smartphones. Most of the Nokia’s mobile operating system for mobile devices and smartphones, with associated libraries, user interface, frameworks and reference implementations of common tools, originally developed by Symbian Ltd.
Symbian Mobile Secret Code Tips & Tricks
#1. How to reset The Operator Logo?
- Go to the following dir : C:>System>Apps>Phone>Oplogo
- Delete any file in this directory
- Restart the phone
#2. How to copy & paste text:
- Press & hold the Pencil key and select your text using the Scroll key. Left function key will change to ‘Copy‘. Press it to copy the selected text to clipboard.
- You can paste the clipboard contents the same way: Press & hold the Pencil key and press ‘Paste‘ or Press Pencil key once and select ‘Paste‘
#3. Retrieve lost MMC password:
- Open File Explorer. (SeleQ, FExplore, AppMan)
- Search for ‘MMCSTORE‘
- When you find it, send it to your PC.
- On PC, open the file with Notepad, or any word processor
- There goes your password!
[ad#Google Adsense 468]
#4. Handy Tips:
- At the top of the main-menu and every folder, the keys 1 to 9 are shortcuts to the icons 1-9 – A shortcut on the left menu key in standby-mode will take more time to open than a shortcut on the right menukey.
- Reason : The left key is also used for the keylock so it shortly waits for pressing the * button.
#5. Check your Bluetooth device address type
- To check your Bluetooth device address type *#2820# in standby screen.
#6. Format the phone memory
- Format the phone memory by typing *#7370# in standby screen.
#7. Edit/Delete Message(Symbian OS phones):
- Now more questions and queries about Symbian OS phones:
- Tip 1 : Do u know how to use the edit button (abc or pencil button)?
- Answer : In the inbox for example, you want to delete multiple sms, simply hold the edit button, scroll down, and then, press C to delete the marked sms. The edit button can also b used to copy and past text in sms, simply hold it and scroll across, choose copy.
- Pretty good for placing song names in Ngages
#8. TO NGAGE USERS
- Do you know that you can install .sis files simply using the cable given?
- Just plug it in, place the .sis file anywhere on e: (the mmc), not in any folders, root of e: disconnect, then look for it in manager.
#9. Save on battery and system memory
- Save on battery and system memory being used by regulary checking the task manager which can be accessed by holding down the menu button.
[ad#Google Adsense 468x15]