Samsung launched the Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 and Samsung I5801 Galaxy Apollo the 2 successive Galaxy version Mobiles, this July 2010. Both these mobiles were powered by Android OS and are greatly loaded with exciting Android mark with mind blowing features. In this article we are going to discuss about the Cons and Pros about Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3.
Introduction to Samsung i5800 Galaxy 3
Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 Technical Specification
- Size : 113.5 x 55 x 12.9 mm
- Weight : 109 g
- Colors : Black, White
- TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size : 240 x 400 pixels, 3.2 inches.
- Touch Wiz 3.0, Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate, Proximity sensor for auto turn-off, Multi-touch input method
- Phonebook Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
- Call records Practically unlimited
- Internal 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM
- Card slot microSD, up to 32GB, 1GB card included.
- Camera : 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels, auto-focus
- Features : Geo-tagging, face and smile detection
- Video : Yes, QVGA@15fps
- OS : Android OS, v2.1 (Eclair), upgradable to v2.2.
- Messaging : SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- Speaker Phone : Yes, 3.5 mm audio jack and Stereo FM radio with RDS
- Bluetooth (v3.0 with A2DP), GPRS, GPS (A-GPS support), USB, 3G HSDPA, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), MP3, WAV ringtones.
- 3.15 MP Camera, 2048×1536 pixels, auto-focus with Geo-tagging, face and smile detection and also Video with QVGA@15fps.
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- Organizer, Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF)
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk integration, Voice memo, T9
- Stand-by : Up to 620 h (2G) / Up to 510 h (3G)
- Talk time : Up to 15 h 30 min (2G) / Up to 7 h 15 min (3G)
Samsung i5800 Galaxy Cons and Pros (Features)
- 3.15 MP camera, with 2048×1536 pixels, auto-focus with Geo-tagging, face and smile detection and also Video with QVGA@15fps.
- Quad Band GSM, Dual Band 3G, 3.6 Mbps HSDPA support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n supprot
- Excellent Audio and Video playing quality.
- Android OS v2.1 Eclair with 256 MB RAM
- Doc Editor, File manager(preinstalled),Swype predictive text input
[ad#Google Adsense 468]
- Poor Sunlight legibility with low display resolution.
- Video recording is very poor as its resolution supports only MMS.
- No Flash support for HTML basic browser, complex doc editing is bit slow
Samsung i5800 Galaxy 3 Review
- Its not one of the Top notch Mobile like iPhone when it comes to Designing. Its just simple and clean design made of plastic. The Android keys like menu, back, home and search are touch sensitive and are looking so cool with the backlights in On state.
- The display is a 3.2 touchscreen of WQVGA, the touch is not bad however the sunlight legibility is really bad.
- The Interface is smooth and consistent. Its the same kind of Interface that you will find in Samsung Galaxy S.
- Overall, the Design of the mobile is one of the most basic design that you could expect from a mid ranged Android Mobile.
- Its just a 3.15 MP camera, with 2048×1536 pixels, auto-focus with Geo-tagging, face and smile detection and also Video with QVGA@15fps. But 3.15 MP camera these days will not make any sense. As Users are getting accustomed to 5 MP or 8MP camera Mobile Phones.
- Its one of the best camera touch Interface that you could experience from such a well experienced Company like Samsung. Though the Camera is just 3.2MP but the snaps from this were ultimately clear.
- The video recording is not so effective, which captures the video in QVGA resolution at 15fps which is suggestible for MMS.
- Overall, the Camera is not a Gaint and Ultimate, but its what we can expect from a Normal Mobiles. Mind you even Apple iPhone offers just 3.2MP Camera. But its Camera performance is one of the cool and clear offering snaps.
- The Music player is customly designed by Samsung which offers DNSe music clarity, Bass enhancements, Concert hall, externalization, and also it has FM radia that which is the feature that is omitted from Android Mobiles.
- The SMS and MMS messaging is quite simple and its general, as it offers no folders. You can just hit on a new message button, and also you can list all the messages organized into treads as well. The type pad is really confortable and you will hardly notice any interruptions or not responding notifications.
- It offers few dedicated apps for Facebook, Myspace, twitter and also it is compatible of every Android App available in the market.
- The Wi-Fi connectivity is excellent, its loaded with worldwide ready quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE and HSDPA with download rate upto 3.6Mbps.
- Its probably one of the stylish Android Mobile I have come across. With all exciting features, If you are looking for a mobile with good camera and excellent connectivity then, I will suggest you to go for Samsung i5800 Galaxy 3 without any second thought.
- This is available at reasonable cost with all inbuilt triggered features and mind you its powered with Android OS, So what are your waiting for. Go and get it right now!
Rank Card for Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3
- Design : 4/5
- Specification : 3.5/5
- User Interface : 5/5
- Features : 3.5/5
[ad#Google Adsense 200]