In this article, we are going to deal with comparison between 2 Samsung devices Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2. The Galaxy S2 and the Galaxy Nexus are cool handsets and are on the wishlist of many people across the globe. “Which among the two devices is a better handset?” might have crossed your mind in case you have been planning to buy any one of the handset as they are very closely related. Personally, I’ve tested only Galaxy S2 device, but I’ve read few reviews about Galaxy Nexus and decided to compare few important features and specifications of these devices in our comparison of Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2.
Considering the sales, features and fan base between iPhone 4(S) and Samsung Galaxy S2, you can notice the fact that iDevices are clearly facing sheer competition from a device atlast. The design, display, camera, connectivity, memory, and other features for both of these devices are pretty close. Okay, I don’t want to waste your time by comparing iPhone and Galaxy S2 again, Let’s take a look at our major comparison between Samsung Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2.
Articles Related to Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2
- Apple iPhone 4S vs Galaxy S2 from Samsung [Comparison]
- Apple iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S : Comparison
- Amazon Kindle Fire vs iPad 2 from Apple [Comparison]
The Galaxy S2 is one of the slimmest smartphones that are available in the market today. It is smaller than the Nexus in dimensions and just weighs about 117 gms. The Nexus on the other hand is chunkier, but weighs at 135 gms. The dimensions of the devices are are as follows:
- Samsung Galaxy S2 – 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus – 135.5 x 67.9 x 8.9 mm
As I mentioned above, the Galaxy S2 is comparatively smaller handset that Galaxy Nexus and thus the display of the handset is also smaller.
- The S2 sports a 4.3 inch super AMOLED plus display that has a screen resolution of 480 by 800 pixels (with 217 pixels/inch) and has Gorilla Glass protection, while the Galaxy Nexus has a 4.65 inch super AMOLED HD display that has a screen resolution of 720 by 1280 pixels (with 316 pixels/inch).
- Though the screen resolution and pixel density is high, but the display of Galaxy Nexus is not as good as Galaxy S2 and to add, there is no protective encasing that is present and also no signs of TouchWiz.
- Clearly in our comparison of Design and Display aspects between Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2, I’d definitely vote for Samsung Galaxy S2.
#3. Processor and Operating Software
- The Samsung Galaxy S2 is based on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system that is supported by the TouchWiz 4.0 user interface and the Galaxy Nexus is the first smartphone from the Samsung stable, to be based on the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. Not to forget, you can upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android V4.X ICS version.
- Galaxy S2 is loaded with Exynos chipset and it equipped with Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 processor with reasoble support from Mali-400MP GPU, while the Galaxy Nexus comes with TI OMAP 4460 chipset and is equipped with Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 processor with stunning support for Graphics from PowerVR SGX540 GPU which is slightly slower than Galaxy’s Mali-400MP chipset.
In order to conclude our comparison on Processor and other Graphical aspects between Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2, both the devices are proved to be exciting devices and I’m helpless to support one among these two.
#4. Camera and Video
- The Galaxy S2 packs an 8MP(3264×2448 pixels) rear facing shooter that has an LED Flash and other standard features like autofocus, geo-tagging etc. It also has a 2MP front facing camera that is just perfect for video calling.
- The Galaxy Nexus has a 5MP(2592×1944 pixels) rear facing camera with Flash with features like autofocus, geo-tagging etc., and it is also having a 1.3MP front facing camera. Both the handsets have the capability to record videos in 1080p @ 30 frames/sec.
If I have to choose one among the Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2, I’d definitely go with Galaxy S2 considering the 8MP with additional features like image stabilization and smile detection.
#5. Memory and Battery
In comparing memory and battery aspects between Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2, the Galaxy S2 is having slight edge over Nexus.
- The Galaxy S2 support external memory card slot upto 32GB with default internal storage capacity in 2 variants 16/32 GB, while Galaxy Nexus lacks external MicroSD slot and its internal storage capacity of 16GB which is pretty low when compared to S2. Both the devices run with 1GB RAM.
- The Galaxy Nexus has a stronger battery than the Galaxy S2 as it has a 1750mAh battery. But as the screen is bigger than that of the Galaxy S2, it is difficult to say, if the battery is actually better than the 1650mAh battery that the S2 packs.
So, in Memory and Battery comparison between Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2, I’d definitely choose S2 ahead of Nexus.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2 [Comparison]
Credit – Webtrickz
So, it is absolutely clear in the comparison, that S2 is a better device as it has finer features than the Nexus. Going in for a Galaxy S2 would be a much better idea than choosing the Nexus. Hope you’ve enjoyed our comparison between Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2, share your experience with these devices in the comment section below.