- Stream Processors : 16
- Core Clock (MHz) : 450
- Shader Clock (MHz) : 900
- Memory Clock (MHz) : 400
- Memory Amount : 256MB DDR2
- Memory Interface : 128-bit
- Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) : 12.8
- Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) : 3.6
- Slot : PCI EX 16X
- Price : 3,450 /-
Nvidia GeForce 8500gt 256 mb:
GeForce Graphics Processors :
Whether you’re a no-holds-barred gamer, a video enthusiast, a new Microsoft® Windows Vista™ adopter, or a digital photography aficionado, there’s an NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics processor that fits your lifestyle.
GeForce Product Line-Up :
- 9 Series: Now you’re ready for exceptional visual computing on a PC with the NVIDIA GeForce 9 Series GPUs.
- 8 Series: Latest generation architecture featuring the most powerful graphics processors available and support for Microsoft® DirectX® 10
- 7 Series: Popular graphics processors that are superb for video, photo, and web usage
Benefits of a GeForce Graphics Processor :
- An exceptional visual PC experience
- Smoother videos, vibrant photos, lightning fast gaming
- Improved overall PC performance by up to 42%1
Latest Graphics & Video Technology
- Support for DirectX 9 and DirectX 102 gaming
- Superb high definition video with PureVideo®
- NVIDIA SLI® technology for 2X the performance
Fatures & Benefits
NVIDIA® unified architecture:Fully unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics, or pixel shading operations, delivering up to 2x the gaming performance of prior generation GPUs.
GeForce Boost:Turbocharges the performance of NVIDIA discrete GPUs when combined with NVIDIA motherboard GPUs.
GigaThread™ Technology:Massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.
Full Microsoft® DirectX® 10 Support:World’s first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
NVIDIA® TurboCache™ Technology:Shares the capacity and bandwidth of dedicated video memory and dynamically available system memory for turbocharged performance and larger total graphics memory.
NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology:Delivers up to 2x the performance of a single graphics card configuration for unequaled gaming experiences by allowing two graphics cards to run in parallel. The must-have feature for performance PCI Express® graphics, SLI dramatically scales performance on today’s hottest games. NVIDIA SLI Technology is not available on GeForce 8400 GPUs.
NVIDIA® Lumenex™ Engine:Delivers stunning image quality and floating point accuracy with ultra-fast frame rates:
- 16X Anti-aliasing Technology:Lightning fast, high-quality anti-aliasing at up to 16x sample rates obliterates jagged edges.
- 128-bit Floating Point High Dynamic-Range (HDR) Lighting:Twice the precision of prior generations for incredibly realistic lighting effects-now with support for anti-aliasing.
NVIDIA® Quantum Effects™ Technology:Advanced shader processors architected for physics computation enable a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU-all the while freeing the CPU to run the game engine and AI.
NVIDIA® ForceWare® Unified Driver Architecture (UDA):Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare provides the best out-of-box experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of NVIDIA GeForce® GPUs.
OpenGL® 2.1 Optimizations and Support:Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for OpenGL applications.
NVIDIA® nView® Multi-Display Technology:Advanced technology provides the ultimate in viewing flexibility and control for multiple monitors.
PCI Express Support:Designed to run perfectly with the PCI Express bus architecture, which doubles the bandwidth of AGP 8X to deliver over 4 GB/sec. in both upstream and downstream data transfers.
Dual 400MHz RAMDACs:Blazing-fast RAMDACs support dual QXGA displays with ultra-high, ergonomic refresh rates-up to 2048×1536@85Hz.
Dual Dual-link DVI Support:Able to drive the industry’s largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays up to 2560×1600. Available on select GeForce 8800 and 8600 GPUs.
One Dual-link DVI Support:Able to drive the industry’s largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays up to 2560×1600. Available on select GeForce 8500 GPUs.One Single-link DVI Support:Able to drive the industry’s largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays up to 1920×1200. Available on select GeForce 8400 GPUs.
Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista™:NVIDIA’s fourth-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista gives users the best possible experience with the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface, included in the new operating system (OS) from Microsoft.
NVIDIA® PureVideo™ HD Technology:The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color, and precise image scaling for movies and video. Feature requires su
pported video software. Features may vary by product.
- Discrete, Programmable Video Processor:NVIDIA PureVideo is a discrete programmable processing core in NVIDIA GPUs that provides superb picture quality and ultra-smooth movies with low CPU utilization and power.
- Hardware Decode Acceleration:Provides ultra-smooth playback of H.264, VC-1, WMV and MPEG-2 HD and SD movies.
- HDCP Capable:Designed to meet the output protection management (HDCP) and security specifications of the Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD formats, allowing the playback of encrypted movie content on PCs when connected to HDCP-compliant displays. Requires other HDCP-compatible components.
- Spatial-Temporal De-Interlacing:Sharpens HD and standard definition interlaced content on progressive displays, delivering a crisp, clear picture that rivals high-end home-theater systems.
- High-Quality Scaling:Enlarges lower resolution movies and videos to HDTV resolutions, up to 1080i, while maintaining a clear, clean image. Also provides downscaling of videos, including high-definition, while preserving image detail.
- Inverse Telecine (3:2 & 2:2 Pulldown Correction):Recovers original film images from films-converted-to-video, providing more accurate movie playback and superior picture quality.
- Bad Edit Correction:When videos are edited after they have been converted from 24 to 25 or 30 frames, the edits can disrupt the normal 3:2 or 2:2 pulldown cadence. PureVideo uses advanced processing techniques to detect poor edits, recover the original content, and display perfect picture detail frame after frame for smooth, natural looking video.
- Noise Reduction:Improves movie image quality by removing unwanted artifacts.
- Edge Enhancement:Sharpens movie images by providing higher contrast around lines and objects.
** Some features requires supported video software. Features may vary by product.