Dimensions:-106.5 x 52 x 13.7 mm, 70 cc.
Type:-TFT, 16M colors
Size:-240 x 320 pixels, 2.4 inches
– Second external 256K colors display (160 x 128 pixels),- Downloadable themes.
- Ring Tones:-
Type:-Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3.
Vibration:-Yes, 3.5 mm headset jack.
- Phonebook:-Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall.
Call records:-Detailed, max 30 days.
Card slot:-microSD (TransFlash), hotswap, 26 MB shared memory.
GPRS:-Class 32, 107 / 64.2 kbps.
EDGE:-Class 32, 296 / 177.6 kbits.
3G:-Yes, 384 kbps.
USB:-Yes, v2.0, miniUSB.
OS:-Symbian OS 9.2, S60 rel. 3.1.
Messaging:-SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging.
Browser:-WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML.
Games:-Yes + Java downloadable.
Camera:-2 MP, 1600×1200 pixels, video(QVGA), flash; secondary CIF video call camera
– Video calling, – Push to Talk, – Java MIDP 2.0, – MP3/M4A/AAC/eAAC+/WMA player, – T9, – Stereo FM radio, – Voice command/dial, – PIM including calendar, to-do list and printing, – Document viewer, – Photo/video editor, – Integrated handsfree.
- Battery:-Standard battery, Li-Ion 700 mAh (BL-4B).
Stand-by:-Up to 200 h.
Talk time:-Up to 2 h 45 min.
- Key features:-
Attractive slim design in clamshell form .
Two excellent displays .
OS Symbian 9.2 with S60 3rd Edition user interface .
“Improved” Feature Pack 1 .
Possible download of additional applications .
MicroSD memory slot .
2 megapixel camera with diode flash .
Records video in QVGA (320 x 240 pixels) resolution .
UMTS and video calls .
multi-item repeated alarm clock .
functionally rich music player with external controls .
FM radio .
voice recorder with a 60 minutes limit .
great web browser .
standard 3.5mm jack and a miniUSB connector.
256MB memory card, data cable and stereo handsfree in the package.
- Main disadvantages:-
only 26 MB internal memory .
the phone is extremely susceptible to fingerprints.
joint toughness makes opening a bit difficult and less comfortable .
switch-off button is unreachable when the phone is open .
the phone does not open full if earphones or data cable is plugged in .
no Wi-Fi or HSDPA .
camera image quality is below average .
music player constantly runs in background .
Bluetooth does not support A2DP profile .
- jBenchmark results:-
jBenchmark 1.0: – 6020 points .
jBenchmark 2.0: – 636 points .
- To sum up, Nokia N76 can be considered an interesting purchasing option mainly by people who refer to their phone as to a stylish fashionable accessory and do not care about its functional abilities too much. On the other hand, exactly such clientele will remain disappointed with the cheap looking plastic covers and the fingerprint smudges.Nokia N76 is a controversial device. On one hand it presents itself as an elegant phone of modern slim design and high-tech functions underlined by the presence of a brilliant display and Symbian 9.2 with S60 3.1. On the other hand, however, a closer look reveals several significant drawbacks: cheap-looking plastic material, expressed susceptibility to fingerprints, which requires constant clea
ning… You?’d better put gloves on your hands, if you try to show off with your new N76… In terms of hardware we should mention the flatness of the keypad resulting in uncomfortable usage of the latter as well as the impossibility to fully open the phone when earphones are connected to it. The Finnish manufacturer presents Nokia N76 as a “multimedia computer”, which explains the lack of office and work functions in the phone. For example, the phone has no viewer for Microsoft Word and Excel documents (you can download such a viewer, if necessary, though).