Dimensions:-105 x 49 x 15.5 mm, 74 cc .
Type:-TFT, 16M colors.
Size:-240 x 320 pixels.
– Five-way scroll key, – Downloadable themes.
Phonebook:-Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall.
Call records:-Detailed, max 30 days.
Card slot:-microSD (TransFlash), hotswap.
– 50 MB shared memory.
EDGE:-Class 32, 296 / 177.6 kbits.
3G:-Yes, 384 kbps.
WLAN:-Wi-Fi 802.11b/g, VoIP over WLAN.
OS:-Symbian OS 9.1, Series 60 UI
Messaging:-SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
Browser:-WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML
Games:-Yes + Java downloadable.
Camera:-2 MP, 1600×1200 pixels, video(CIF)
– Java MIDP 2.0, – Push to talk ,- MP3/AAC/MPEG4 player ,- Office applications- , T9- ,Voice command/memo ,- PIM including calendar, to-do list and printing ,- Integrated handsfree.
- Battery:- Standard battery, Li-Ion 1000 mAh (BL-5F).
Stand-by:-Up to 265 h.
Talk time:-Up to 6 h.
- Price:-399.99$ approx 15,000 – 16,000/-
- Key features:-
quad-band GSM and 3G support.
Wi-Fi with a dedicated scanner .
VoIP over Wi-Fi .
elegant design .
videos in MPEG-4 format with a CIF (352 x 288 pixels) resolution .
microSD memory card slot .
USB support .
2 megapixel camera .
search option for the entire phone content .
- Main disadvantages:-
voice recorder limited to 1 minute .
small functional keys located beneath the display .
no office documents editor .
retail package doesn’t include a memory card and a stereo headset .
no secondary video camera for video calls .
- The music player has remained untouched, which does not mean anything bad at all, by the way. In several Nokia models already it has been given the highest possible mark. Music tracks can be shown all together, ordered by artist, genres, albums, or composers. Volume levels are sufficient, with the highest ones being almost unusable. What could make the sound better, though, is the acquisition of better audio accessories. For the very moment the only officially supported accessory is the mini-speakers Nokia Mini Speakers MD4. The music player keeps running when minimized too. In such case the name of the played file appears on the main display, from where it is also possible to adjust volume. When a call is coming, the player mutes gradually; once the call has been ended, the payback is resumed. Incoming calls ringtones can be heard in the earphone.
- The phone doesn’t differ much from its forerunners, and especially from Nokia E60. It is not even worth mentioning that newly implemented applications can easily be insalled in older Nokia models thanks to Nokia’s liberal approach. All in all, our expectations of more innovations have not been met. What might make Nokia E65 a successfully selling phone is its solid construction, elegant design and the slider form factor.
In any case one thing is for sure: by choosing No
kia E65 you get a high-class elegant office helper together with all pros and cons of a Nokia – Symbian cooperation.