Dimensions:99.6 x 44.3 x 19.6 mm, 67.6 cc
Type:TFT, 16M colors
Size:240 x 320 pixels, 2.0 inches
– Second external display 256K colors (128 x 160 pixels)
Type:Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3
Call records:20 dialed, 20 received, 20 missed calls
Card slot:microSD (TransFlash).
– 30 MB internal memory
GPRS:Class 32, 52.6 kbps
HSCSD:Yes, 43.2 kbps
EDGE:Class 11, 236.8 kbps
3G:Yes, 384 kbps
Bluetooth:Yes, v2.0 with A2DP
USB:Yes, v2.0 microUSB
Messaging:SMS, MMS, Email
Games:Yes + downloadable.
Colors:Black, Red, Silver, Beige
Camera:1.23 MP, 1280×1024 pixels, video(QCIF 15fps)
– Java MIDP 2.1,- MP3/AAC/eAAC+/WMA player,- 2.5 mm audio jack,- Video player,- T9,- Calendar,- Calculator, – Built-in handsfree,- Voice memo,- Flight mode.
- Battery:Standard battery, Li-Ion 1020 mAh (BL-5C)
Stand-by:Up to 260 h
Talk time:Up to 6 h 10 min.
- Entertainment:Golf Tour, GameRally 3D, GameSoccer 3D, GameSudoku, GameJava™ Games,Downloadable Games.
- Organiser:Phonebook (1k Contacts),Calendar (1.5k Entries),Analogue Clock Standby Display,Alarm Clock,Stopwatch,Countdown Timer,To Do It,Notes,MS Outlook ,Synchronisation,Flight Mode.
- Internet:XHTML Browser,WAP 2.0 Browser.
- Key features:
Stylish slender clamshell
High-quality 2-inch QVGA 16M color TFT display
UMTS and EDGE support
microSD memory card support up to 4 GB
Good music player
Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP profile
microUSB connector and 2.5mm jack
- Main disadvantages:
Shiny surfaces suffer fingertips
Loose hinge and the “cracking” back cover
Only 1.3 megapixel camera with rather basic interface
Memory card slot under the battery
No FM radio
No video calls support
microUSB port is still not widely popular
No headphones and memory card in the retail package.
- Nokia have designed a stylish clamshell handset which comes with dual screens & with built in 3G technology, which is the Nokia 6555. The handset comes in a range of colours which gives the phone a different look depending on the chosen colour.
- The user can chose from a racing red coloured casing, sleek black colour, subtle beige or a striking silver coloured casing which allows the user to express their personality through their chosen colour.
- The Nokia 6555 comes with a sturdy clamshell opening mechanism which allows the user to open their phone to access the main colour screen & keypad.
- The main screen is a 2 Inch screen which provides the user with up to 16 million colours on its high resolution screen. When the handset is closed the user can view the external screen which provided the user with an informative 262k colour screen which will display an analogue clock face when the phone is in standby mode.
- The overall size of the casing is ideal for carrying purposes which is 99.6mm tall by 44.3mm wide by 19.6mm deep & weighs 97 grams including the battery.
Nokia 6555 offers a preinstalled a currency converter, a world time application, Opera Mini browser, along with the Yahoo search and Yahoo Go applications. The Download application connects you directly to Nokia’s download center, where you can find a lot of content for you phone. Presenter allows you to remotely control PC applications from your device via Bluetooth, provided the Nokia Presenter application is installed
on the computer before pairing.
- MP3:The multimedia capabilities of Nokia 6555 are identical to other Series 40 5th edition handsets. The unpleasant surprise is the absence of an FM radio. The music player is the enhanced version offering customization through selectable skins. Playing in the background is traditionally available, sorting tracks by artist, album and genre is supported too. The player works with MP3, AAC, AAC+ and WMA formats. Several equalizer presets are at hand, along with a stereo expansion function.
- Conclusion:The midrange clamshell Nokia 6555 offers standard equipment and above-its-class elegance. Other than the looks, the two quality screens and the comfortable keypad are indisputable advantages. As to functionality, there are no surprises. But then, the price tag promises none. The downright drawbacks are the lack of FM radio, the 1.3 megapixel camera and the thrifty retail box. Nokia 6555 is already available in all of its color versions. Maybe underpowered here and there, Nokia 6555 still has the attraction of affordability, style and 3G.