Dimensions:-100 x 46 x 21 mm.
Type:-TFT, 256K colors.
Size:-240 x 320 pixels, 35 x 45 mm.
– 4-way navy key,- Downloadable screensavers, wallpapers.
Type:-Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3.
Phonebook:-500 x 16 fields, Photocall.
Call records:-20 dialed, 20 received, 20 missed calls.
Card slot:-miniSD, 512 MB card included, hotswap.
– 6 MB internal memory.
GPRS:-Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 – 48 kbps.
EDGE:-Class 10, 236.8 kbps.
3G:-Yes, 384 kbps.
Bluetooth:-Yes, v2.0 with A2DP.
USB:-Yes, v2.0, Pop-Port.
Messaging:-SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
Games:-Yes + downloadable.
Camera:-2 MP, 1600×1200 pixels, VGA video, flash; secondary video call VGA camera
– Push to Talk,- Java MIDP 2.0,- Stereo FM radio (visual radio),- MP3/AAC/M4A/eAAC+ player, – T9,- Organiser,- SyncML,- Voice dial/memo,- Built-in handsfree.
- Battery:-Standard battery, Li-Ion 1100 mAh (BP-6M ).
Stand-by:-Up to 250 h.
Talk time:-Up to 4 h 30 min.
- Price:-259.99$ approx 9,000- 11,000Rs/-.
- The Nokia 6288 is a revised version of the 6280, although the differences aren’t huge. The phone is available in black and white, and there are some firmware improvements. The 6288 is a 3G slider with a 2 megapixel main camera, VGA subcamera, 240×320 pixel display, Bluetooth, multimedia support and microSD expandable memory. The top part of the slider is dominated by a 320 x 240-pixel screen, with the large navigation keys nestled snugly beneath. The lack of springiness in Nokia’s slider – putting it loosely in a bag may cause the phone to slide up and unlock itself. It’s best to store this model in a separate pocket, to prevent repeated accidental phone calls to the first person in the contacts list.
- A 3G slide phone from Nokia, the 6288 is an attractive phone available in a high gloss black or white finish. This is a high-end phone with an excellent 2 megapixel camera, 3G video calling, a music player, FM radio plus Bluetooth wireless connectivity and a memory card slot for storing lots of music and videos. However, the 6288 doesn’t have the greatest battery life and some users have experienced problems with reliability.
- The user can use their mobile handset over five continents as the phone supports tri band technology with full featured WCDMA capabilities. The user can use Bluetooth® technology to gain a wireless connect between any two Bluetooth® compatible devices. The phone comes with a Pop Port™ interface with USB connectivity & the user can use Nokia PC Suite connectivity with either USB or Bluetooth® connectivity. The 6288 comes with EDGE mobile broadband which provides high speed data transfer which the user will enjoy. The 3G capabilities allows the user to multitask on their mobile handset & enjoy features such as 3G video calling & 3G video streaming
- Advantages:- “Looks shiny”, big screen,
Active Standby, free 512MB card included.
- Disadvantages:- Word suggestion missing, difficult to move texts/contacts, lame.