- Engine :-Four-stroke, DOHC, inline four
- Displacement :-1,198cc
- Starting :-Electric
- Bore x stroke :-83.0 x 55.4mm
- Compression ratio :-12.2:1
- Cooling :-Liquid
- Carburetion :-Fuel injection with 46mm throttle bodies and sub throttles
- Ignition :-Digital
- Transmission :-Six-speed
- Frame :-Aluminum monocoque
- Rake / trail :-23.5° / 3.9 in.
- Suspension (front) :-43mm inverted hydraulic telescopic fork with adjustable compression and rebound damping, adjustable spring preload
- Suspension ( rear) :-UNI-TRAK® system with single shock, adjustable compression and rebound damping, adjustable ride height, and adjustable preload
- Wheel travel (front) :-4.7 in.
- Wheel travel (rear) :-5.5 in.
- Tire (front) :-120/70 x 17 tubeless
- Tire (rear) :-200/50 x 17 tubeless
- Front brake :-320mm dual hydraulic discs
- Rear brake :-230 single hydraulic disc
- Overall length :-82.1 in.
- Overall width :-29.1 in.
- Overall height :-47.2 in.
- Ground clearance :-4.7 in.
- Seat height :-32.3 in.
- Dry weight :-463 lbs.
- Fuel capacity :-5.0 gal.
- Wheelbase :-57.1 in.
- Kawasaki ZX12R Ninja:-With the Kawasaki ZX12R Ninja, Kawasaki plunged into the high-performance sportbike war raging among the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers. The Ninja’s liquid-cooled, 1199cc DOHC, 16-valve 4-cylinder engine generates a peak power of 178 bhp at 10500 rpm.
- TYPE – 4 STROKE IN LINE 4 CYLINDER
- DISPLACEMENT – 1199cc
- VALVE SYSTEM – DOHC 16 VALVES
- FUEL INJECTION – 46mm x 4
- IGNITION – DIGITAL
- STARTING – ELECTRIC
- TRANSMISSION – 6-SPEED
- COOLING – LIQUID
- WEIGHT – 210kg DRY WEIGHT
- POWER – 190PS WITH RAM AIR
- The Kawasaki Ninja’s revolutionary all-aluminium monocoque frame and cast steering swingarm pivot areas realise an extremely stiff structure and contribute to the bike’s superb high-speed stability and supersport handling performance.
- The ZX12R’s wind-tunnel designed fairing was developed with help from Kawasaki’s aircraft division and the redesigned upper cowl has a shorter nose for improved aerodynamics and a sportier look. In honour of an agreement reached among Japanese manufacturers, starting with 2001 models, Kawasaki introduced speed limiters in the ZX-12R to reduce the bike’s top speed to 300 km/h.
- The Kawasaki Ninja ZX12R – the biggest change to the 2004 model other than slight colour/grahic changes is the addition of radially mounted brakes which now give the ZX12 the availability of awesome deceleration that perfectly compliments this motorcycles blistering acceleration that is deliverd by its power plant. And.. dual throttle valves which paired with the new ECU have improved low end power delivery further still.
The Kawasaki ZX12R is a dificult machine to categorise. Although its capabilities put it into the Supersports pidgeon hole, it is an excellent horizon chaser and falls equally well into the Sports touring bracket.
A roomy bike even for two that certainly beats its competition (ie. the Blackbird and Hayabusa) on the agility front.
Power is in abundance throughout the rev range and allows this machine to deliver a smooth and seemingly effortless ride in comfort.
Kawasaki ZX12R Ninja(2004-05 Model)
|We'll send more interesting posts like Kawasaki ZX12R Ninja(2004-05 Model) to you!
→Enter your Email Address: