In this post we are going to compare iPhone 4s vs Galaxy Nexus, as it always feels crazy to compare Apple devices with Samsung. The comparison between all the high end models of the Galaxy series with the iPhone 4S is obviously, given that the parent to companies are working to outdo the other in the smartphone market. Both these brands are working really hard to lead the SmartPhone and Tablet markets. It’s regardless, as there are many companies like HTC, HP, Motorola, LG, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, etc., are existing, but still Apple and Samsung holds special place in the industry and I recon the launch of Apple iPhone 4S or the New iPad and Samsung’s Galaxy S3 are the best examples.
The Galaxy Nexus is one of the best smartphones in the Galaxy series and so here is the comparison between Apple iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus. May the best handset rule the market, sorry for not yet comparing Galaxy S3 with iPhone 4S, we’ll come up with that post soon.
Articles Related to iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus
- Apple iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S : Comparison
- Apple iPhone 4S vs Samsung Galaxy S2 [Comparison]
- Samsung Galaxy S2 vs Galaxy S3 [Comparison]
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus vs Galaxy S2 [Comparison]
If you are wondering to pick one among Apple iPhone 4s and Samsung Galaxy Nexus, I hope this post will help you to make a perfect decision that satisfies your requirements. Let us jump into our comparison between iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus.
iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus [Comparison]
- The design of the iPhone 4S is much more classy as compared to the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and one of the main reasons behind this is that the iPhone 4S is made of glass and steel, while the Galaxy Nexus has a plastic back and that does not have that classic look, that the iPhone 4S so confidently exudes.
- Also, the iPhone 4S is visibly slimmer than the Galaxy Nexus. iPhone 4S measures 115.2 mm in height, 58.6 mm in width, 9.3 mm thickness and weighs around 140 gms. While the Galaxy Nexuss measures 135.5 mm in height, 67.9 mm in width, 8.9 mm thickness and weighs around 135 gms.
If you are giving much importance to the appearance of the Mobile, then iPhone 4S is way ahead of Galaxy Nexus. So in my comparison of Ergonomics between iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus, I’ll go with iPhone 4S.
- This is another feature that has got everyone talking about both of these devices. The Galaxy Nexus is packed with a 4.65 inch super AMOLED HD screen that makes the iPhone 4S screen seem tiny, as the display of the handset is just 3.5 inches and it is an LED-backlit IPS TFT.
- The iPhone 4S is marginally better than the Galaxy Nexus in this respect as it has a higher pixel density at 326ppi as compared to the 316 ppi of the Galaxy Nexus, while the display resolution of iPhone 4S is 640 x 960 pixels makes it to provide even better display than any other devices on the earth, but Galaxy Nexus isn’t way inferior to iPhone 4S which bags the display resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels.
Despite of smaller screen, the iPhone 4S provides excellent display experience for the user, though the pixel density of both the mobiles are pretty close, but we need to consider the Screen Size and Display Resolution aspects. So, in our comparison between iPhone 4s vs Galaxy Nexus in Display category, my vote goes for iPhone 4S again.
- When you talk about the operating system of the handset, then there is nothing to beat the iPhone 4S as it is equipped with the latest operating system from the Apple stable, that is the iOS5. To complement this, is the SIRI that makes using the handset an absolute pleasure.
- The Galaxy Nexus is be based on the Android 4.0, Ice Cream sandwich operating system, which also turns out to be the latest version of the Android operating system. And with the recent Galaxy S3′s launch, they’ve announced S-Voice which we can consider as an answer to Apple’s Siri.
When it comes to Operating Systems, it is really tough to pick one among these iOS and Android. Because the fan base for these operating systems are equally distributed. So, in our comparison between iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus, it is your choice to choose the best suited operating systems among these 2.
#4. Processor and Memory
- These handsets are packed with dual core processors and thus, there are no two things about the fact that these handsets are extremely fast. There is a slight difference in the clock speed though, that is the Galaxy Nexus has a clock speed of 1.2GHz and the iPhone 4S has a clock speed of 1GHz and thus the Galaxy Nexus is a tad faster than the iPhone 4S.
- iPhone 4S is featured with A5 chipset and Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 processor, and Galaxy Nexus is features with TI OMAP 4460 chipset and Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9 processor.
- The handsets come in different variants with respect to the memory. The Galaxy Nexus comes in two variants, that is a 16GB version and a 32 GB version. Same is the case with the iPhone 4S as well, but there is a third variant that is also present for the iPhone 4S and that is the 64GB version.
- Unfortunately, None of the handsets have any external storage memory slots.
In our comparison between Processor and Memory aspects of iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus, both these devices are loaded with almost equal power, but Galaxy Nexus hold little edge over iPhone 4S in cloaking speed.
#5. Camera and Battery
- The iPhone 4S packs an 8MP rear facing camera is capable of HD recording and the additional features are exemplary. Coming to the Galaxy Nexus, it has a 5MP camera that has basic features and does not outperform the shooter of the iPhone 4S in any way.
- Loaded with 8 MP rear camera and VGA front facing camera, iPhone 4S allows us to enjoy some of the prominent features like video calling over Wi-Fi, geo-tagging, video stabilization, while Galaxy Nexus is loaded with 5 MP rear facing camera and 1.3 MP front facing camera lacks video calling and video stabilization.
- iPhone 4S is loaded with Li-Po 1432 mAh battery while Galaxy Nexus is comes with Li-Ion 1750 mAh which is slightly powerful that iPhone’s battery.
So, in case of camera comparison between iPhone 4S Vs Galaxy Nexus, it’s always iPhone 4S because of Video Calling feature, and in case of battery comparison between iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus, there isn’t much of difference between these 2 devices, but still Galaxy Nexus holds slight edge ahead of iPhone 4S.
#6. Price Details
- iPhone 4S Price - $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB, $399 for 64GB
- Galaxy Nexus Price – Varying
If you ask me to suggest you to pick one among iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus, I’ll definitely go with iPhone 4S, as it is crystal clear that in the comparison made above between iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus, the Apple iPhone is the shining star that gets all the accolades for its beauty and brains.