In this post, we are going to compare HTC One X vs Galaxy S3 mobiles and we’ll help you to decide which device suits your requirements to invest your valuable money. Both these are the trending mobile devices that are launched in 2012. Both these are Android OS based devices and surely they are designed to compete with Apple iPhone 4S which got launched in November 2011. Samsung has already made an impact in both Smart Phone and Tablet industries, by throwing straight challenge for Apple, while HTC came into the limelight after a long time with it’s promising HTC One X.
Before discussing about HTC One X vs Galaxy S3, we’d like to just discuss about the market competition. Currently, though the maximum market share of Smart Phone and Tablet OS is occupied by Android OS. Since, most of the companies like Samsung, Motorola, HTC, Sony and many others are using Android OS, so that share of the Smart Phone market got disturbed. While I can say without any hesitation, in the current market i.e., the maximum competition will be existing between Apple iPhone 4S, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S3. So, in this article we’ll compare HTC One X vs Galaxy S3 and in our coming articles, we’ll compare HTC One X with Apple iPhone 4S.
Articles Related to HTC One X vs Galaxy S3
- Samsung Galaxy S2 vs Galaxy S3 [Comparison]
- Apple iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S : Comparison
- Nokia Lumia 800 vs iPhone 4S [Comparison]
HTC One X vs Galaxy S3 [Comparison]
#1. Design and Display
The body of HTC One X comes with comes with poly-carbonate body which looks pretty professional and it reflects the rich looks, while Samsung Galaxy S3 slight unattractive looks.
- HTC One X measures 134.4mm in height, 69.9mm in width, 8.9 mm thickness and weighs around 130gms, while Samsung Galaxy S3 measures around 136.6mm in height, 70.6mm in width, 8.6mm thickness and weighs close to 133gms. Both the devices are loaded with touch-sensitive controls.
- The Display quality of both the devices are close enough as well. HTC One X comes with the display screen of 4.7 inches with screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixel at 312 pixels per inch. Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with the display screen of 4.8 inches with screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels at 306 pixels per inch.
HTC One X has a slight upper hand over Samsung Galaxy S3 in our Design and Display comparison between HTC One X vs Galaxy S3 dock, as HTC One X build quality and display quality are much better than Galaxy S3. Unless you are willing to buy a mobile device with large screen in particular you’ll buy Samsung Galaxy S3, else you’ll buy HTC One X.
#2. Processor and Operating System
- Both the devices are loaded with Android ICS 4 versions and there isn’t much of the difference that you’ll note between them except S-Voice and S-Beam features of Galaxy S3.
- HTC One X is loaded with Quad-Core processor with clock speed of 1.5 GHz that holds slight edge over Samsung Galaxy S3’s Quad Core Cortex-A9 processor with clock speed of 1.4GHz. Both the devices are pretty fast enough and you don’t find any hiccups while running applications.
In our Processor and Operating Systems comparison between HTC One X vs Galaxy S3, both the devices are loaded with almost equal features.
#3. Camera and Video
- Both the devices are loaded with 8 MP camera which provides us crystal clear photos with the resolution of 3264×2448 pixels. The primary camera specifications and features of both the devices are same.
- In case of Secondary Camera, Galaxy S3 is having slight edge over HTC One X as it is loaded with 1.9 MP secondary camera with image stabilization, while HTC One X is loaded with 1.3 MP secondary camera.
- The Video recording capability of both the devices varies as HTC One X can record videos at 1080p@24fps which includes additional features like video stabilization and stereo sound recording, while Samsung Galaxy S3 can record videos 1080p@30fps.
In our camera and video feature comparison between HTC One X vs Galaxy S3, both the devices are having their own benefits. If you are planning to buy a device with excellent primary and secondary camera then Galaxy S3 is the best option. If you are serious about video and primary camera, then HTC One X is better option.
#4. Memory and Battery
- Memory is one of the biggest issue that you’ll notice with HTC One X, which offers only 32 GB storage option, while Samsung Galaxy S3 offers 16/32/64 GB storage variants.
- Not to forget, HTC One X doesn’t have an external memory slot in order to extend our device’s memory, while Galaxy S3 contains an external memory slot that supports upto 64GB card. Both the devices are loaded with 1 GB RAM which makes them really fast with Quad-Core processors.
- HTC One X is loaded with Li-Po 1800 mAh battery while Samsung Galaxy S3 is loaded with Li-Ion 2100 mAh, which is much powerful battery than HTC One X.
In our Memory and battery comparison between HTC One X vs Galaxy S3, it’s Galaxy S3 sweeps away in almost every aspect.
- HTC One X is available from $590 (unlocked), while it costs you around Rs 36000 to Rs 39000 in India.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 is available from $700 (unlocked), while it costs around Rs 36000 to Rs 43000 in India.
In our price comparison between HTC One X vs Galaxy S3, it’s HTC One X that is better device to buy. With almost similar features, I’d prefer to buy HTC One X ahead of Galaxy S3, for reasons like Design, Display, Video Stabilization, Price and I’d prefer to buy Galaxy S3 ahead of HTC One X for reasons like Larger Display, batter Secondary Camera, S-Beam and S-voice features, Smart Stay, External Memory Slot, Galaxy S3 Dock.
Hope you’ve enjoyed our comparison between HTC One X vs Galaxy S3, and we believe that we’ve covered most important factors that you need to compare between 2 devices while making a decision. I hope our comparison between HTC One X vs Galaxy S3 might have helped you in making a wise decision.