So, for all users of iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPad, iPad 2, iPod Touch 4G or iPod Touch 3G and i believe that, now its time to know “How to Update to iOS 5“. Apple officially released iOS5 into the market on Oct 12 which is one of the biggest update ever that includes over 200+ exciting features added in this new OS. Your new iPhone 4S comes with iOS 5 by default.
In this post we are going to explain you how to update to iOS 5 using iTunes. So, if you Update to iOS 5, you can experience some tremendous features that you wish to have like Wireless Sync, iCloud integration, new message panel, Twitter Integration, etc.
Before moving further, I’d like to share a small note : If you are planning to unlock your iPhone in near future, then we suggest you not to update it right now. Since it will update your iDevice to the base band for which currently unlocking is not available.
If you are not sure about “How to update to iOS 5” this tutorial will guide to by step-by-step procedure.
Articles Related to How to Update to iOS 5
- 3 Reasons You Should Downgrade iOS of Your iPhone 3G
- 5 Benefits of Rooting Android Phones
- 5 Exciting Benefits of Jailbreaking your iPhone
- How to Install Android on PC [TUTORIAL]
- How to Install Installous on iPad [Tutorial]
- How to Play Xbox 360 Games on PC / Computer [Tutorial]
Things to consider before knowing How Update to iOS 5
- You need to make sure that you are having latest version of iTunes on your PC in order to upgrade to iOS 5. It is suggested to download iTunes 10.5 Beta 7 or higher versions.
- Now download iOS 5 for iPhone 4(GSM, CDMA), iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPad 2 (GSM, CDMA, Wi-Fi), iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G
- Clean-Up your iPhone or iPad or iPod Touch as well before updating to iOS 5 and also don’t forget to take back-up of your iDevice.
- Make sure you note down the Apple ID which helps you to sync your iDevice with iTunes.
Before learning about How to Update to iOS 5, it’s important for us to know about the features of iOS 5 and here is an official video which gives you the overview of iOS 5 Features.
How to Update to iOS 5 using iTunes
- Download iOS 5 initially by clicking on the links provided above.
- First thing you need to do is to launch the iTunes on your PC and connect your device using USB cable.
- Wait for the iTunes to detect your iDevice.
- After making sure, that iTunes detected your iDevice. You need to click on the Device’s name on the Left Hand side Menu of your iTunes and then you have to click on the Check for Updates.
- Then, a Pop-up will appear and you need to click on “Download and Update button on that Pop-Up screen.
- And, now iTunes will download as well as Update your iDevice to iOS 5.
- Make sure you are not supposed to disconnect your iDevice from your PC or quite the iTunes while the installation/upgrading process is going on which may roughly take around 15 – 40 minutes.
- Once iOS 5 firmware is updated on your iDevice, it will restart and then you need to sign-in using your Apple ID.
- Now, iTunes will sync with your iDevice with which you can get all your Apps, Data back into your device.
P.S – Make sure you doesn’t disconnect your device from iTunes while updating or Synchronizing.
That is it, by following few simple steps we can Update our iDevice to iOS 5 firmware. Hope you enjoyed reading our Tutorial on “How to Update to iOS 5”.