What is a Virus?
Its just a simple program that replicates itself and infects all our data (delete or modify). There a millions of viruses existing such as resident virus, boot virus, Trojans etc.
How you find out whether your system is affected or not?
Here are some of the signs of a virus running in your PC
A virus enters your system either through internet or from any other removable devices like pen drives,
What about the virus running in background?
How can we say whether a virus is running in background?
- Its simple, just press CTR L+SHIFT+ESC or ALT+CTR L+DELETE or open run (WIN+R) and type “taskmgr“, you’ll see “Windows Taskmanager“.
- Select performance tab and see if CPU usage is all green or above 50 percent, it means a hidden virus running in background utilizing the memory other than the programs you running.
- First thing you notice is that your system running slowly than as it should.
- It sometimes may stop responding to the operations.
- Sometimes system restarts without any reason.
- Can find out multiple files with same name in a folder.
- You may not be able to install anti virus.
- Missing or modification of data in files.
[ad#Google Adsense 468]
How can we protect our computers from viruses?
Its simple and easy.
Here are some suggestions to protect our computers.
- First and most important thing is to use a best anti virus and update it frequently.
- Turn on the Firewall.
- Perform scan on the files that are downloaded from mails even though the site scans with the antivirus in site.
- Don’t download files from sites that are not trusted such as wallpapers, .exec files.
- Always scan removable media before use as they carry most of the viruses from system to system.
- Schedule the anti virus program for scanning once a week.
[ad#Google Adsense 468×15]