Unable to access your Task Manager? Don’t worry. Here is the step by step methods & processes to re-enable it.
Method 1 [Editing Group Policy]
- Click Start
- Click on Run
- Type gpedit.msc
- Under User Configuration, Go to Administrative Templates
- In Administrative Templates go to System
- Go to CTRL + ALT + DELETE Options
- Double Click on Remove Task Manager Option
- Properties Dialog box will be displayed, Set its status to Disabled.
- Whopie! You are done.
Method 2 [Editing Registry]
- Go to Start and click on Run [Shortcut: Combination of Windows Key + R]
- Type “regedit.exe”
- Navigate this: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies\ System
- In the right-pane, delete the value named DisableTaskMgr
- Close Regedit.exe
Method 3 [Fixing the Registry]
Download and run this REGISTRY fix.
Method 4 [Using Group Policy Editor – Works only with Win XP]
Click Start, Run and type this command exactly as given below [Copy and Paste it]
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
In most of the cases Methods 1 and 2 work, If they did not work try other Methods listed.