Apple’s MacBook is one of the finest laptops ever made. Apple’s MacBook comprises of its own operating system Mac OS x v 10.6 snow Leopard which is one of the beautiful operating systems in the world which has the impressive mix of performance characteristics and brilliant visual effects. MacBook Pro is a ipod, iphone, digital camera and external hard drive ready.
Apple MacBook arrives in 3 distinct models based on their screen size and other characteristics.
- 13 inch model
- 15 inch model
- 17 inch model
These 3 models are totally distinct from each other except for little changes. These 3 models uses different processors,power cards and graphic adapters. These are designed for different customers who utilize for different purposes.
[ad#Google Adsense 468]
13 inch MacBook Pro:
This is a High performance notebook designed universally for every one. This one ranges from $1199 to $1499. Again this 13 inch MacBook is available in two further models..
- $1199 model
- $1499 model
The basic difference between $1199 model and $1499 model is the processing speed and storage capacity. The former one comes with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 250GB Hard drive and the latter one comes with 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 320GB HDD capacity. The rest of the specifications and features is same for the 2 models.
Technical Specifications of 13 inch MacBook Pro:
Technical specifications for the two models of 13 inch MacBook Pro are same apart from the processor & HDD.
Size and Weight:
- Height : 0.91 inch (2.41 cm)
- Width : 12.78 inches (32.5 cm)
- Depth : 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
- Weight : 4.5 pounds (2.o4 kg)
Processor: It comes with Intel Core 2 Duo processor of two different speeds for the two models. 2.4GHz speed for the first model and 2.66GHz for another model with 3MB on-chip shared L2 cache.
Storage: 13 inch MacBook has the hard disk capacity of 250GB with 5400 rpm for the $1199 model and 320GB with 5400 rpm for the second model.
It also has 8x slot loading super drive ( DVD ±R DL /DVD±RW/CD-RW) which helps to burn discs very faster.
- This model features the new NVIDIA GeForce 320M integrated graphics processor with 48 processing cores. This makes a huge difference when using high intensity graphic applications.
- It also supports Dual Display and video mirroring which simultaneously enables the full native resolution on the built-in display and upto 2560 x 1600 resolution on the external display.
- iSight Camera to capture high definition photos
- Mini Display port to interface external display devices to MacBook Pro.
13 inch MacBook has the display of 13.3 inch (diagonal) back-lit glossy widescreen display which supports millions of colors.
It supports a number of resolutions with different aspect ratios which supports for various applications.
[ad#Google Adsense 200]
Connections and Ports:
MacBook Pro consists of ports which enables connections to various external devices and applications which include..
- Magsafe power port to connect to external power supply which serves long battery life.
- Gigabit Ethernet port which enables communication protocols for greater connectivity.
- One Firewire 800 port which supports wireless communication upto 800Mbps.
- Mini Display port which interfaces external display devices to MacBook.
- Two USB 2.0 ports which supports data transfer at the speed 480Mbps.
- SD card slot to enable data from memory cards.
- Audio in/out slot to plug in audio devices.
- Kensington lock slot.
- MacBook Pro supports Airport Extreme Wi-fi wireless networking (based on IEEE 802.11 n specification)
- It has Bluetooth 2.1 wireless technology with Enhanced Data Rate (EDR).
- It has 10/100/1000 Base-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 Connector).
Digital Video Output ports:
13 inch MacBook Pro supports 4 video ports for enhanced video experience..These are optional ports which can be connected for advanced performance.
- DVI Output which uses Mini Display port to connect to DVI adapter.
- VGA Output which uses Mini Display port to connect to VGA adapter.
- Dual link DVI Output which uses Mini Display port to connect to Dual link DVI adapter which supports 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Diplay.
- HDMI Output uses a third party Mini Display port to connect to HDMI adapter.
Battery & Power:
13 inch MacBook contains built in 63.5 watt-hour lithium-polymer battery which supports long battery life for enhanced applications.
It gives upto 10 hours battery life if charged completely.
User Ratings for this product:
- Design : 4/5
- Performance : 3.5/5
- Grand Total: 3.7/5