In this post, we are going to compare Apple iPhone 5 with Samsung’s Galaxy S3 and this iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3 comparison deals with major aspects where both the devices differ and compete with each other. It’s been almost one year, ever since Galaxy S3 got launched into the market, while on the other hand iPhone 5 just entered the market. It might sound bit weird while we compare a new product with already existing product, but one of the major reason for me to compare iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3, Galaxy S3 is considered as Leading Mobile in Android market whose sales touched 30 million milestone and iPhone 5 sales touched 5 million mark just in 4 days after it was launched.
Samsung holds major share in the Android Market, followed by HTC. The Android fan boys are having many options that suits their requirements like Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG, Motorola, and many more, while for Apple fan boys, its regardless with their requirements they are forced to settle down with iPhone, and don’t take this word seriously I’m trying to be bias in this comparison and I’ll try to provide the best possible comparsion. Before, comparing Apple iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 let us check-out some of the similar articles that we’ve covered till now.
Articles related to iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3 comparison
- Apple iPhone 4 vs iPhone 4S : Comparison
- Apple iPhone 4S vs Galaxy Nexus from Samsung [Comparison]
- HTC One X vs Galaxy S3 [Comparison]
A research firm released a note that Galaxy S3 takes No.1 position in the SmartPhone market as it overtook iPhone 4S in the Q3.
Apple iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3 [Comparison]
#1. Design and Display
Personally I’m not a great fan Galaxy S3’s design and for me design of Galaxy S3 is the major reason to go with HTC One X instead.
- Galaxy S3 designed with following dimensions – 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm and it weighs around 131 gms. Its a sleek design with 4.8 inch huge display screen and is loaded with TouchWiz UI, Super AMOLED capactive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass 2.
- iPhone 5 is designed with following dimensions – 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm and it weighs around 112 gms. The design is almost same as the previous versions, but the screen size was increased to 4.0 inches from 3.5 inches and is loaded with LED-backlit iPS TFT, capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass.
- The resolution of iPhone 5 is 640 X 1136 with over 326 ppi while Galaxy S3’s resolution is 720 x 1280 with 306 ppi.
So, while comparing iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3, with screen size of 4.0 inch and 326 ppi, Apple iPhone 5 holds commanding state ahead of Galaxy S3 in terms of design and display aspects as Galaxy S3 is loaded with 4.8 inch screen with 306 ppi.
#2. Camera and Video
- Apple iPhone 5 comes with exciting features like Panorama, HDR, enabling the scope to perform HD video and impage recording simultaneously, touch focus, Face time and many exciting features.
- Galaxy S3 also holds interesting features like touch focus, HD video and image recognition simultaneously, image stabilization, HDR and many more makes it reasonably comparable with iPhone 5.
Samsung Galaxy S3
- Primary Camera – 8 MP, 3264 x 2448p
- Video – 100p @ 30 frames/second
- Secondary Camera – 1.9 MP, 720p@30fps.
Apple iPhone 5
- Primary Camera – 8 MP, 3264 x 2448p
- Video – 1080p @ 30 frames/second
- Secondary Camera – 1.2 MP, 720p@30fps.
It appears that both iPhone 5 and Galaxy S3 are loaded with almost similar camera and video specifications, but still the features of iPhone 5 is having slight edge over Galaxy S3 and in our comparison between iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3 on camera and video features, iPhone 5 holds the better rating ahead of Galaxy S3.
#3. Processor, Memory and Operating System
- While comparing iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3 in processor, memory aspects, both are loaded with almost same features and lets check them out.
- iPhone 5 is loaded with Apple A6 chipset and Dual core 1.2 GHz processor, triple-core graphics processor and not to forget it is really fast, as you don’t find any lagging while running multiple applications.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with Exynos 4412 Quad core chipset, Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex A9 processor, Mali-400MP graphics processor.
- iPhone 5 is available in 16/32/64 GB Memory variants and is loaded with 1 GB RAM. It comes with brand new iOS 6 version, however due to increase in screen height, some of the applications are not being displayed full-Screen, I hope a few updates can fix it down, but still it looks bit weird, if the apps doesn’t fit the screen size.
- Galaxy S3 is available in only in 16 GB variant and it is also loaded with 2 GB RAM which makes it really fast. It is loaded with Android OS, v4.1.1 (Jelly Bean).
So, in our comparison between iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3 on Processor, Memory and Operating System, both the devices carry their own benefits. but again Apple iPhone 5 is having slight edge over Galaxy S3.
#4. Battery and Price
- iPhone 5 is loaded with Li-Po 1440 mAh battery which isn’t as powerful as compared to the Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery of Galaxy S3.
- If you looking to buy the unlocked piece of Samsung Galaxy S3, it costs you around $499 to $575. If you are an Android lover, then buy Samsung Galaxy S3 without any hesitation.
- If you are looking to buy the unlocked piece of Apple iPhone 5, it could range around $699 to $899. If you are an Apple fan boy, then go with iPhone 5 without any hesitation.
If you are confused with which mobile to buy among Apple iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3, then I suggest you to go with Apple iPhone 5, excluding few weird experiences like Apple Maps and app screen compatibility and not to forget you might have to buy more apps if you choose iPhone 5, while most of these applications are available for free on Android devices. Hope you enjoyed our comparison between iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3, post your views in the comment section below.