As any Android user will tell you, the Android application market is the best. Because, Android app designers and makers don’t have to jump through hoops to get their apps out on the market as they do with the Apple app market, the Android market is flooded with thousands of mobile applications. Obviously this has both its upside and its downside.
With thousands of applications out there it can be particularly difficult to decipher the good apps from the bad apps and the must-have apps from the great apps. Almost every application offers both a free version and a paid full or pro version. These three apps are absolute must-have tools for productivity and fun. While you may have to shell out 2 to 10 bucks, it will be well worth the cost.
3 Best Android Apps for 2011 Worth Spending Some Cash On
#1. SMS Commander
- As phone prices continue to soar, we are getting better and better devices.
- However, we are also at greater risk of losing a huge chunk of change out of your bank account.
- Losing a phone is annoying enough with having to get all of your contacts back, but today it also means losing 200+ dollars.
- This is where the SMS Commander application can be a real life saver.
- The SMS Commander app helps users locate their cell phone when it is missing and on silent.
- You can send commands to your phone through SMS messages that will take it off of silent mode, give you its location of a Google Map, lock your phone, get your battery percentage, or forward you all incoming text messages.
- This app can also come in handy when you don’t have your phone on you and you need a contact from it.
- Borrow a friend’s phone and send a command asking for the information to your cell phone.
- If your phone is one you will receive a text message on your friend’s pone with the info you needed. <SMS Commander>
#2. Better Cut
- As one of the oldest apps on the Android market, the Better Cut developers have had the chance to change and improve all of the kinks in this apps early stages.
- Better Cut allows users to create shortcuts to many of the functions available on the Android phone.
- This means that Android users can completely customize their individual Android experience, making quick links to a phone function that is typically buried beneath various menus and buttons.
- Better Cut can make your Android experience and use more enjoyable and simpler.
- Set up actions to toggle between your most used features and make shortcuts that make sense for you.
- With a comprehensive and simple interface and endless useful features, Better Cut is well worth the price tag. <Better Cut>
- This app has to be one of the coolest tools out on the Android market.
- Locale lets you take control of your phone’s settings based on specific conditions that you choose from.
- You can choose to change the settings based on battery life, calendar, contact, location, and time of day.
- So, if you have a meeting every Monday morning at 9 am, you can tell your phone to automatically go to silent during this time.
- Or, if you have a date on your calendar for 6 pm on a Friday, you can set your phone to automatically turn off at that time.
- The settings are completely customizable and even responsive to your GPS location.
- If your phone’s GPS detects that it is in the same location as the local library, you can set your phone to go to vibrate mode.
- Locale is a very nifty little app that has endless uses and features.
- Though it costs $10, the price tag is worth its uses. <
Thus these are the 3 best Android Apps that worth spending your valuable money-on.
[ad#Google Adsense 336]
This guest contribution was submitted by Pamelia Brown, who specializes in writing about associates degree.