Google is the website that is well known for making the learners into the professionals. Because it is the place where we can find everything and anything.
But did you ever think, is there anything beyond simply using Google for searching purpose.
My answers is yes, there are many things in Google Search other than search. Here is my basic list of few simple things that you can do with Google Search.
List of 5+ Google Search Tips and Tricks
- Identifying Local Time of any city across the World.
- Using “site:“, “OR“, “related” and “Link” Operators.
- Maths and Calculator, Numeric range search, Currency and Unit Conversions.
- English and Grammar.
- Specifying File Types.
There are around more than 25 of these kind of tips and tricks with Google Search. But in this article Im focussing on the Most important and Basic Tips. So let us jump to the actual demo:
1. Identifying Local Time of any city across the World :
- If you are interested to know the exact time of a particular city, this is the trick that you have to use.
- Syntax : Time in city-name
2. Using “site: “, “OR “, “related” and “Link” Operators :
2.1. Site Operator:
- “site:” operator is my favorite operator that i uses to analyse my site each and every day. This operator is used to perform search with-in the prescribed website or searches within the website basing a term.
- Syntax – site:gadgetcage.com keyword. (keyword is optional)
2.2. OR Operator:
[ad#Google Adsense 468]
- This operator searches for the results for the both Operators mentioned.
- Syntax : keyword OR keyword
2.3. Related Operator :
- This is really a useful Operator which is used to find the alternative results for the given website.
- Syntax – related:www.gadgetcage.com
2.4. Link Operator :
- It is another useful Operator. It is used to find the web-pages that are links with the mentioned site. Best Operator that indicates the popularity of the page.
- Syntax – link:http://www.website.com
3. Maths and Calculator, Number range search, Currency and Unit Conversions :
3.1. Maths and Calculator :
- You can perform many mathematical functions and calculations using the Google Search. Operations like +,-,*,/,sqrt(), etc can be done.
- Syntax : a+b, a-b, a*b, a/b, sqrt(a).
3.2. Numeric Range Search :
- Here you can search certain products and services between a certain range.
- Syntax : keyword number-number
3.3. Currency and Unit Conversions :
- This will convert the currency of one country into other. For example 500 dollars in Euro.
- Syntax : Currency in Currency
- Google Search is also used to convert one unit into the other. For example kilogram in grams.
- Syntax : unit in unit
4. English and Grammar :
- You can find the synonym and similar words by using keywords “define”, “~” Operators. For example define:gadget and “gadget” ~ technology.
- Syntax – define:keyword, “keyword” ~keyword.
- Google search is also used as Spelling Checker.
5. Specifying File Types :
- We can search for prescribed files types in Google Search. “Filetype:” Operator is used for this purpose. For example “SEO” filetype:pdf
- Syntax : “keyword” filetype:format of the file.
These are really useful Tips and you can use these function which will definately make their impact.
[ad#Google Adsense 200]
Which tricks do you use? Do let us know by commenting.