The Apple iPhone offers a platform that runs apps that can help graphics designers. With much attention given to apps that are entertaining, it’s important to keep in mind that applications exist for the iPhone that can make a difference in your work. In the iPhone you don’t have the computing power required to run powerful apps like Adobe products, but you can find tools that will compliment any graphic designer’s repertoire.
Here are 10 great iPhone apps for graphic designers.
- Credit Card Terminal
Lets us Switch to Actual Information of 10 Great iPhone Apps for Graphic Designers:
- Cooliris is an iPhone search app that displays multimedia content and helps you search for and organize media content with your iPhone. This is a free app available from the iPhone store. A desktop version is also available.
- FontShuffle is an awesome tool that lets you find and match fonts using your iPhone. This app is free and requires iPhone 2.0 or higher.
RulerPlus let’s designers get quick measurements right from their iPhone. A basic 2” ruler can expand just by tapping a button, allowing you to get accurate readings while in town or in the studio. Best of all, this app is free.
- Palettes is an iPhone app that helps designers create custom color panels. Grab samples from images stored on the iPhone or create your schemes from scratch. With just a few taps, you can export your palettes to Photoshop.
- ZeptoPad is a whiteboard tool that lets create mind maps, sketches, and plans. You can also share what you’ve created in ZeptoPad with other users. This is a premium iPhone app.
- Jobs is an app that tracks time spent on projects and tasks. This paid application provides an easy framework to track multiple clients and sessions. Jobs makes the life of a designer easy by keeping records up to date. Jobs will even export data in XML or CSV for easy invoicing.
- BeamCalc for iPhone answers questions concerning the area covered by a light, the angle of cove positions, and the throw distance to the stage. Enter in variables such as throw elevation, height, base, and beam to calculate all you need to create perfect lighting. BeamCalc is a premium app.
- OmniFocus is an easy way for a graphics designer to manage tasks, due dates, and reminders. The iPhone app interacts with a desktop app and syncs between the two platforms, meaning that you always have access to your personal and business lists.
- Dexigner is a free app that delivers the latest conferences, competitions, and news for graphic designers. Stay on top of your game with this simple, but powerful app from the iTunes store.
- Credit Card Terminal revolutionizes client billing and payment by allowing you to accept payment for your work on the spot, before a client becomes a receivable. The app is more expensive than most, but the convenience of accepting major credit cards wherever you go is worth the expense. Just key in the customer’s credit card information, have the customer sign, and you’ve been paid. You can even send a client a PDF receipt directly from the application.
From actual design tools to personal and business management aids, graphic designers can find a wealth of powerful and productive tools in the palm of their hands.
These iPhone apps can make your life easier so if you see an app here that interests you, go ahead and give it a try.
[ad#Google Adsense 336]